Mailing List Archive: ripMIME: general

Any more issues / patches ?

ripMIME general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pldaniels at pldaniels

Feb 3, 2003, 12:12 AM

Any more issues / patches ?

Good day to everyone out there.

This is a calling to see if anyone has any more patches / bugs with ripMIME 1.2-dev before I roll it into 1.2.17.0 ( basically I think I'll seal off the 1.2.x series and move into 1.3-dev and 1.4-release ).

Regards.

--
Paul L Daniels http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems Internet Development

cph at oce

Feb 3, 2003, 7:12 AM

RE: Any more issues / patches ? [In reply to]

> This is a calling to see if anyone has any more patches /
> bugs with ripMIME 1.2-dev before I roll it into 1.2.17.0 (
> basically I think I'll seal off the 1.2.x series and move
> into 1.3-dev and 1.4-release ).

Just downloaded and tested the current dev version and it's looking good,
except for the following warning when compiling it (Redhat 7.3, gcc 2.96):

libmime-decoders.c: In function `MDECODE_decode_ISO':
libmime-decoders.c:353: warning: `end_pair' might be used uninitialized in
this function

I checked the code, and it looks like there isn't a problem, but I thought
I'd let you know.
I have it running on on my mail server here, with no problems.

Chris Hine

pldaniels at pldaniels

Feb 4, 2003, 12:04 AM

Re: Any more issues / patches ? [In reply to]

> libmime-decoders.c:353: warning: `end_pair' might be used uninitialized
> in this function
>
> I checked the code, and it looks like there isn't a problem, but I
> thought I'd let you know.

I just checked over the code, I can see where it's complaining. I've just pre-initialised the variables to NULL in order to silence the compiler.

I could rewrite the code so that it pleases the compiler more, but quite frankly it turns it into a stair-cased non-intuitive wad of code.

Seems to be running here fine too.

I'll clean up some documentation and probably put it up then.

Regards.