Mailing List Archive: ripMIME: general

Version 1.2.16.21 on HP-UX strip newline char on text file attach ement

ripMIME general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Marc.Bleuwart at spe

Jan 16, 2003, 4:04 AM

Version 1.2.16.21 on HP-UX strip newline char on text file attach ement

Hello,

I compiled ripmime today with gcc under Hp-UX 11.0/32 bits.
I see that in the extracted attachement thar ripmime has stripped the \n
(newline) character in every line of the text file, the result being a file
with only one (very long) line.

Is this is a bug, or is there a way to avoid that "feature".

Previously we use an older (0.1.11) binary of ripmime that used to work ok
in this respect. I upgraded in order to better handle various mail packages.

Best regards

Marc Bleuwart :-)

Spe Sap System Services <http://sud.spe.be/sap/SapSys/>
Tel +32 (4) 3304616
Fax +32 (4) 3374499
E-Mail: mailto:mbl [at] spe <mailto:mbl [at] spe>
Web: http://www.spe.be <http://www.spe.be>

pldaniels at pldaniels

Jan 22, 2003, 6:04 AM

Re: Version 1.2.16.21 on HP-UX strip newline char on text file attach ement [In reply to]

> I see that in the extracted attachement thar ripmime has stripped the \n
> (newline) character in every line of the text file, the result being a
> file with only one (very long) line.
>
> Is this is a bug, or is there a way to avoid that "feature".

Hi there Marc,

I just realised this email has been sitting in the inbox for a little too long, appologies for that.

Can you give me a sample mailpack which exhibits this problem?

Can you supply the output files as well?

Regards.

--
Paul L Daniels http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems Internet Development

ripMIME general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded