Mailing List Archive: RANCID: Users

6500 Doubts

RANCID users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pxb368 at motorola

Jul 31, 2012, 11:05 AM

6500 Doubts

Hello,

I have RANCID installed and running on a mix of Cisco IOS, CatOS (6500 and
5500) and Foundry switches. The backup of these devices is running to all
expect one which is a Cisco CatOS 6500. The config into the routed.db is
hostname:cat5:up and I can ping the switch with the hostname. I can also
use clogin hostname and I'll be prompted to the (enable) console, however
when I do rancid-run into the log files I have this message:

Trying to get all of the configs.
hostname: missed cmd(s): write term all,show port ifindex,show module,dir
sup-microcode:,dir sup-bootflash:,dir bootflash:,dir slot0:,show
version,show flash,show running-config,write term,show boot,dir slot1:,show
inventory raw

I do have other 6500 in the network which rancid works perfectly only this
one is not working.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Danilo Marques de Gouveia

daniel.schmidt at wyo

Aug 1, 2012, 12:33 PM

Re: 6500 Doubts [In reply to]

Try the commands manually as the rancid user. Maybe one of them is
hanging.

rancid-discuss-bounces [at] shrubbery] *On Behalf Of *Danilo Gouveia
[...]

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

pxb368 at motorola

Aug 1, 2012, 12:44 PM

Re: 6500 Doubts [In reply to]

The unique command I had problem was show inventory raw, the other were ok,
however in both switches (the one it works and the one it doesn't) the show
inventory raw fails, if I try only show inventory that is ok.

Any other ideas?

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Daniel Schmidt <daniel.schmidt [at] wyo>wrote:

> Try the commands manually as the rancid user. Maybe one of them is
> hanging.

Atenciosamente / Best Regards,

Danilo Marques de Gouveia
IT - Network Administrator
(19) 3847 8424

pxb368 at motorola

Aug 1, 2012, 12:45 PM

Re: 6500 Doubts [In reply to]

There isn't any "verbose" or debug mode I can turn it on to find out where
I'm receiving this error?