Mailing List Archive: RANCID: Users

Specific devices commands

RANCID users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

emarkiewicz at cricketcommunications

Specific devices commands

Is it possible to pass specific commands to rancid-run for rancid to execute? I have a requirement to use all the features of rancid, (svn version storage etc.), but for ad-hoc queries. I understand one can alter the @commandtable and select a specific set of commands to run, but that selection is constant each time rancid-run is called. What I'm looking for is adding the names of the specific commands to run from a command line initiation of rancid-run. Something like this below;

"rancid-run -r <device name> <group name> [list of commands]"

"rancid-run -r ABC123 MyLocalGroup 'show version', 'show boot', 'show vlan'"

~Ed

heas at shrubbery

Re: Specific devices commands [In reply to]

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 01:48:24PM -0600, Edward Markiewicz:
> Is it possible to pass specific commands to rancid-run for rancid to execute? I have a requirement to use all the features of rancid, (svn version storage etc.), but for ad-hoc queries. I understand one can alter the @commandtable and select a specific set of commands to run, but that selection is constant each time rancid-run is called. What I'm looking for is adding the names of the specific commands to run from a command line initiation of rancid-run. Something like this below;
>
> "rancid-run -r <device name> <group name> [list of commands]"
>
> "rancid-run -r ABC123 MyLocalGroup 'show version', 'show boot', 'show vlan'"

no, but in 3.0 you will be able to easily define your own rancid groups.