Mailing List Archive: RANCID: Users
Re: BNT help?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jonmills at renci

Re: BNT help? [In reply to]

James et al:

So I created a file, /usr/libexec/rancid/bntrancid, a copy of
/usr/libexec/rancid/rancid, with a modified commandtable, which looks
like this:

# Main
@commandtable = (
{'show version' => 'ShowVersion'},
{'show vlan' => 'ShowVLAN'},
{'show running-config' => 'WriteTerm'},
{'write term' => 'WriteTerm'},
);
# Use an array to preserve the order of the commands and a hash for mapping
# commands to the subroutine and track commands that have been completed.
@commands = map(keys(%$_), @commandtable);
%commands = map(%$_, @commandtable);

I further edited /usr/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe thus:

%vendortable = (
'agm' => 'agmrancid',
'alteon' => 'arancid',
'arista' => 'arrancid',
'avocent' => 'avorancid',
'baynet' => 'brancid',
'ibmbnt' => 'bntrancid',

And in /var/rancid/mygroup/router.db, I've added a line containing

myhostname:ibmbnt:up

It almost works, but something is snagging. The logs show the following:

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
8052.renci.xo: End of run not found
end
8264.renci.xo: End of run not found
end
8052.bbn.xo: End of run not found
end
8264.bbn.xo clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
8264.bbn.xo: missed cmd(s): show version,write term,show
running-config,show vlan
8264.bbn.xo: End of run not found
!

--