Mailing List Archive: RANCID: Users

password <removed>

RANCID users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bha.Qaqish at NITC

Mar 9, 2012, 5:12 AM

password <removed>

Dear
i using rancid for 2 month
and i check the config from the GUI , and i found
line vty 0 4
password <removed>

how can i appear the password .
i do not want to hide it

BR
BHA QAQISH

me_gogorza at hotmail

Mar 9, 2012, 5:40 AM

Re: password <removed> [In reply to]

Hi,

At etc/rancid.conf, you need to change :

# FILTER_PWDS determines which passwords are filtered from configs by the
# value set (NO | YES | ALL). see rancid.conf(5).
FILTER_PWDS=NO; export FILTER_PWDS

This applies for all rancid scripts.

Regards.,

> From: bha.Qaqish [at] NITC
> To: rancid-discuss [at] shrubbery
> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:12:10 +0200
> Subject: [rancid] password <removed>
>
> Dear
> i using rancid for 2 month
> and i check the config from the GUI , and i found
> line vty 0 4
> password <removed>
>
> how can i appear the password .
> i do not want to hide it
>
> BR
> BHA QAQISH

bha.Qaqish at NITC

Mar 9, 2012, 5:53 AM

Re: password <removed> [In reply to]

hi
thank you for he response
i have one more question
can i modify that some of the password appear and some not.
is there any way to do that ( anyone have a way)
for example to hide the bgp password and show all the password , do you have any example

Regards

At etc/rancid.conf, you need to change :

# FILTER_PWDS determines which passwords are filtered from configs by the
# value set (NO | YES | ALL). see rancid.conf(5).
FILTER_PWDS=NO; export FILTER_PWDS

This applies for all rancid scripts.

Regards.,

> From: bha.Qaqish [at] NITC
> To: rancid-discuss [at] shrubbery
> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:12:10 +0200
> Subject: [rancid] password <removed>
>
> Dear
> i using rancid for 2 month
> and i check the config from the GUI , and i found
> line vty 0 4
> password <removed>
>
> how can i appear the password .
> i do not want to hide it
>
> BR
> BHA QAQISH

me_gogorza at hotmail

Mar 13, 2012, 10:58 AM

Re: password <removed> [In reply to]

You should change your XXrancid.

Search the lines that contains <removed> (you will find lines for username, ospf, etc), and modify the if statement.
I have not done it,so I am not sure at all how to change it, but I can assure that there you will make it work as you need/want.

Regards.

> From: bha.Qaqish [at] NITC
> To: me_gogorza [at] hotmail; rancid-discuss [at] shrubbery
> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:53:11 +0200
> Subject: RE: [rancid] password <removed>
>
> hi
> thank you for he response
> i have one more question
> can i modify that some of the password appear and some not.
> is there any way to do that ( anyone have a way)
> for example to hide the bgp password and show all the password , do you have any example
>

> Regards

remyheiden at gmail

Mar 26, 2012, 7:58 AM

Re: password <removed> [In reply to]

Marito,

If you do change the XXrancid script, please remember to make a backup of
both the original and the modified files, so you can replace or re-modify
the script at any time. (Especially after an update of RANCID).

Kind Regards,
Remy Heiden

===

RANCID users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded