Mailing List Archive: RANCID: Users

Rancid log - timeout reached

RANCID users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wpereira at pop-sp

Jan 18, 2011, 9:01 AM

Rancid log - timeout reached

Hi, folks. I need some help to set up definitely my Rancid.

I have two Extreme devices and I set up as follows:

---------------
add user 10.0.0.1 user
add user 10.0.0.2 user

add password 10.0.0.1 {password_with_special_characters} ""
add password 10.0.0.2 {password_with_special_characters} ""

add method 10.0.0.1 telnet
add method 10.0.0.2 ssh

add cyphertype * {3des}
---------------

My log says to me:
10.0.0.1 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
10.0.0.2 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
---------------

I did the test, by hand:
/home/rancid/bin/clogin 10.0.0.1 - RESULT: log in OK
/home/rancid/bin/clogin 10.0.0.2 - RESULT: Error: TIMEOUT reached

Question:
An enable password is needed? Or quotes solve that? Because if the
device is not a Cisco, there is no enable password, right?

Wagner Pereira

PoP-SP/RNP - Ponto de Presença da RNP em São Paulo
CCE/USP - Centro de Computação Eletrônica da Universidade de São Paulo
http://www.pop-sp.rnp.br
Tel. (11) 3091-8901
fone [at] RN: 10158902