Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Users
Re: R [osfp6d] ospfv3 Summary Ranges functionality is not working

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

dnarenderreddy at gmail

Mar 16, 2012, 7:53 AM

Krishna P Vamsi-B38510 <B38510@...> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Please find the problem that we are observing at out lab, please respond if
there are any suggestions

> Test Setup:
>

> Cisco1(fa0/0)--[area 1]----(eth0)Quagga(eth1)---[area 0]----(fa0/1)Cisco2
>
>             3ffe:501:ffff:300::/64          2000:1000:0:100::/64
>

> 1)At Step 4 QUAGGA(osfp6d) is not sending Summary Ranges info to Cisco2
>

> 2)At Step 5 showing 3 ipv6 networks as shown in Step 3.

Hi,
Route summarization works fine after taking the fix from "Phil Laverdiere"
and corrected it. I would be submitting the patch soon along with stub area
changes.

AREA 1 AREA 0
R1 ------------ R2(ABR) ----------------- R3
DUT

R2 is the ABR and the DUT for this case.

But iam seeing 2 issues

ISSUE-1).
=========
Summarization does not work if the area (Area 0) into which the routes are to
be summarized is configured after the range is configured for the other area
(Area 1).

This can be solved by calling the API ospf6_abr_enable_area() or the contents of
it each time a new AREA is configured or calling it periodically after a certain
delay (like the ospf_schedule_abr_task() in OSPFv2).

Other things that can be done in this periodically executed task.
default summary for stubs.
applying filters.
calculation of cost for the summary routes etc.

ISSUE-2).
=========

Also the cost of the summary route should be the max of the cost of the routes
summarized or the configured cost for this range.

How can this be done each time a new prefix is learnt from the other AREA-1.

Can anyone more familiar with the ospfv3 design suggest how to go about the
above two problems.

Thanks in advance.