Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Users

Multicast Routing?

Quagga users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

michael.speer at pluribusnetworks

Sep 7, 2011, 4:03 PM

Multicast Routing?

Hello,

Does quagga support multicast routing natively? If so, where is it documented?

Regards,
Michael

lsorense at csclub

Sep 7, 2011, 4:21 PM

Re: Multicast Routing? [In reply to]

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 04:03:44PM -0700, Michael Speer wrote:
> Does quagga support multicast routing natively? If so, where is it documented?

Quagga doesn't do any routing itself. The host OS does routing.

Quagga does distribution of routes, not packets.

As for does it distribute multicast route info (like pimd), well no,
but someone did mention an implementation on the list for a quagga pimd
a while ago.

--
Len Sorensen

everton.marques at gmail

Sep 7, 2011, 6:01 PM

Re: Multicast Routing? [In reply to]

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense [at] csclub> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 04:03:44PM -0700, Michael Speer wrote:
>> Does quagga support multicast routing natively?  If so, where is it documented?

(snip)

> As for does it distribute multicast route info (like pimd), well no,
> but someone did mention an implementation on the list for a quagga pimd
> a while ago.

Over there:
http://www.nongnu.org/qpimd/

michael.speer at pluribusnetworks

Sep 7, 2011, 7:17 PM

Re: Multicast Routing? [In reply to]

Lennart,

Thanks for the follow-up.

All,

So, I would be interested in also knowing the development status of a Quagga release that will incorporate
the PIM multicast routing protocol.

Thanks,
Michael