Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Users

getting FINs on connection setup for peers

Quagga users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

scharf at isc

Sep 7, 2011, 12:21 AM

getting FINs on connection setup for peers

Hi,

I must be doing something simple here that is wrong. I have something
that is not a normal BGP peer trying to connect to quagga. At times, the
connection will work fine, other times I will get a FIN back on the
connection very quickly (in the order of 1 millisecond as seen from
tcpdump.) Netstat shows the port is opening and listening, and the 3 way
handshake to start works fine. Sometimes it works and sometimes it
doesn't and nothing I have been able to find had seemed to make it reliable.

I understand that in the real world, things would try again if this
happened.

I see this problem on both FreeBSD8.2 stable and linux
(2.6.38-11-server) on an x_64 box. I am running 0.99.18 with a
completely generic make (configure --enable-vtysh --enable-user=root)

My setup is dirt simple, and I have added a bunch of things to try to
reduce the complexity of the connection process as much as possible. I
have gone to the extreme of loading the arp entries in manually to
remove that from the equation.

I hops someone can shed light on what is going on.

thanks,
jerry

Here is my config

Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
hostname TR2
hostname bgpd
log file bgpd.log
!
password zebra
enable password zebra
!
interface eth0
ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth1
ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth2
ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth3
ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth4
ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface lo
!
router bgp 500
bgp router-id 172.18.208.202
neighbor 172.18.208.36 remote-as 501
neighbor 172.18.208.36 passive
neighbor 172.18.208.36 ebgp-multihop 255
neighbor 172.18.208.36 timers 15 180
neighbor 172.18.209.36 remote-as 502
neighbor 172.18.209.36 passive
neighbor 172.18.209.36 ebgp-multihop 255
neighbor 172.18.209.36 timers 15 180
!
ip forwarding
!