Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Dev

Quagga vty socket patch for multiple instances in pseudo VRF

Quagga dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bluelightning at mantech

Jul 30, 2012, 2:46 AM

Quagga vty socket patch for multiple instances in pseudo VRF

Hi,

I've change a little the Quagga sources to add some arguments to the
daemons which give the possibility to user to start multiple instances
of zebra, bgpd, ospfd, ospf6d, ripd, ripngd, babeld with different
zserv.api directory (which is already done) and different directory for
the vty socket.

Also I've changed the source of the vtysh to have possibility to:
1. added arguments to give another integrated boot file, another from
/etc/quagga/Quagga.conf
2. added arguments to give another vtysh.conf file to be used for the
instance
3. added arguments to use different path for the vty sockets

Also I can add a simple script which loads multiple instances of the
daemons into different netns and you can connect with vtysh from the
same shell. No needed the LXC which must install another instance of the
linux.

From the same machine you can use multiple netns (kind of VRF) with
their routing software.

Will be this patch good for the Quagga project?

Best regards,
Adrian Ban

bluelightning at mantech

Jul 30, 2012, 6:59 AM

Re: Quagga vty socket patch for multiple instances in pseudo VRF [In reply to]

Here is the patch and the script to test the daemons Quagga running into
a separate namespace.

Best regards,
Adrian Ban