Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Dev

OSPFv3-MIB

Quagga dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bernat at luffy

OSPFv3-MIB

Hi!

Implementation of OSPFv3-MIB in Quagga is incomplete and outdated: it
uses an experimental MIB instead of the one from RFC 5643 and only
ospfv3AreaLsdbTable is implemented.

Is someone working on a more current implementation?
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

/* Identify the flock of penguins. */
2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/alpha/kernel/setup.c

equinox at opensourcerouting

Re: OSPFv3-MIB [In reply to]

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:03:30AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Implementation of OSPFv3-MIB in Quagga is incomplete and outdated: it
> uses an experimental MIB instead of the one from RFC 5643 and only
> ospfv3AreaLsdbTable is implemented.
>
> Is someone working on a more current implementation?

Probably not, the whole SNMP code is outdated; it still uses SMUX
instead of AgentX and nothing much has really been updated or maintained
on that end.

-David

P.S.: lldpd rocks.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.22 KB)

bernat at luffy

Re: OSPFv3-MIB [In reply to]

OoO En ce début d'après-midi ensoleillé du lundi 21 mai 2012, vers
15:27, David Lamparter <equinox [at] opensourcerouting> disait :

>> Implementation of OSPFv3-MIB in Quagga is incomplete and outdated: it
>> uses an experimental MIB instead of the one from RFC 5643 and only
>> ospfv3AreaLsdbTable is implemented.
>>
>> Is someone working on a more current implementation?

> Probably not, the whole SNMP code is outdated; it still uses SMUX
> instead of AgentX and nothing much has really been updated or maintained
> on that end.

I will update the OSPFv3 part then. Then, I may propose to use AgentX
instead of SMUX. This should be easy enough if I am allowed to put some
code around select() in thread.c. Most of the code outside smux.c will
be left untouched.
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

panic("sun_82072_fd_inb: How did I get here?");
2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/include/asm-sparc/floppy.h