Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Dev

problem with ospf6d SPF calculation? Losing ASE type 1 default route

Quagga dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

esj at cs

problem with ospf6d SPF calculation? Losing ASE type 1 default route

Got an odd issue with IPv6 ospf6d.

I have a couple quagga routers (0.99.20.1 on linux) that share
a network with a Cisco router that is functioning as Area Border Router.
The Area is 131.94.128.0

The cisco Area Border Router also connects to area 0. In area 0 is a
ASBR that is injecting a default route (::0/0)

When I bring up router1 all seems fine. Router1 receives and uses
a few routes from area 0, and announces a downstream network as well.

But as soon as I bring up router 2, after the DB exchange a LSA is sent
from router2 to router1, and this causes router1 to do a SPF calculation.
When router1 does this SPF calculation it loses the default route.
Well, it discards the default route.

router2 comes up fine, and it does use the ASE default route.
Until something changes and a SPF calc is done on router2, then
it will discard the default route.

Any ideas what is happening here? It doesn't make sense to me
other than some bug in the SPF calculation. But maybe I am
missing something??

Details available via web in directory
http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~esj/quagga-problem-ospf3/

http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~esj/quagga-problem-ospf3/network.png
is the picture

http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~esj/quagga-problem-ospf3/router1.ospf6d.conf
http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~esj/quagga-problem-ospf3/router2.ospf6d.conf
are the relevant parts of the config files of the two quagga routers

dnarenderreddy at gmail

Re: problem with ospf6d SPF calculation? Losing ASE type 1 default route [In reply to]

Eric S. Johnson <esj <at> cs.fiu.edu> writes:

> Got an odd issue with IPv6 ospf6d.
>
> I have a couple quagga routers (0.99.20.1 on linux) that share
> a network with a Cisco router that is functioning as Area Border Router.
> The Area is 131.94.128.0
>
> The cisco Area Border Router also connects to area 0. In area 0 is a
> ASBR that is injecting a default route (::0/0)

I too have noticed this issue.
Looks like there is some problem in the ospf6_intra_brouter_calculation() logic.
It removes the border-router's and adds them back and in this process deletes
the border router.
After which it deletes the as-external route as there is no route to the ASBR
entry.

May be this logic has to be re-written similar to OSPFv2 where copy the
existsing brouters from brouter_table in ospf6 structure to a temperory table
and do all the checks without any route addition deletion hooks.

Once done, check for any route changes (new additions or deletions or
modifications). Add/remove/modify only those routes in the ospf6->brouter_table.

I have seen a similar issue when the DUT is an ABR and I try to redistribute a
static or a connected route. An INTER ROUTER LSA goes out which is immediately
followed by another INTER ROUTER LSA but with AGE = 3600.

So due to this, the AS External LSA is not accepted on the receiving end.

Should THE DUT(ABR) be sending the inter-router lsa in the first case. Its the
ABR in the area that should be generating the INTER ROUTER LSA to the ASBR.

Is it not ?