Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Dev

Reg: Inter Area routes into non-back bone areas in OSPFv3

Quagga dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dnarenderreddy at gmail

Reg: Inter Area routes into non-back bone areas in OSPFv3

Hi,
I am trying to add support for virtual links for OSPFv3.
Before doing that what I have noticed is quagga sends out inter area summary
prefixes to non back bone areas as well.

There by I could see that even without virtual link configured, the inter area
routes are present in areas(ABR) which are not directly connected to BACKBONE.

Is this right behavior ?

If Yes. What is the use of virtual link.

Regards
Narender

phillaverdiere at yahoo

Re: Reg: Inter Area routes into non-back bone areas in OSPFv3 [In reply to]

Hi Narender,
The virtual link is used to connect areas to the backbone, to prevent a partitioned backbone.  Every ospf are must be connected to the backbone.  Say area 2 is connected only to area 1.  area 2 would need to create a virtual link through area 1 to the backbone.

Hope this helps,
Phil

________________________________

Re: Reg: Inter Area routes into non-back bone areas in OSPFv3 [In reply to]

Thanks for the Reply AI,
I dont thing quagga has implemented RFC 3509.

I have fixed quagga ospf6d from sending the INTER Area routes from non back
bone areas into other non -backbone areas.

ospf6_abr.c (quagga version : 0.99.20)
============================
266a267,278
> if ((route->path.area_id != BACKBONE_AREA_ID) &&
!IS_AREA_BACKBONE(area))
> {
> if (is_debug)
> zlog_debug ("Not a BB route, cannot be originated to
other NON-BB");
> if (summary)
> ospf6_route_remove (summary, summary_table);
> if (old)
> ospf6_lsa_purge (old);
> return;
> }

Can anyone let me know if this is fine.
How can I make quagga ignore the received inter area routes from non-back
bone areas.

Regards
Narender