Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Dev
OSPFv3 extensions for autoconfiguration of home networks

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

paterson.b at gmail

OSPFv3 extensions for autoconfiguration of home networks

I am working on implementing an extension to OSPFv3 which would allow
routers in home networks to automatically acquire addresses from a prefix
pool and perform routing with minimal user intervention. This extension
would require defining an extra LSA type as well as some changes in the
OSPF state machine (I'm basing my work on some drafts from the IETF, namely
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-acee-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-01 and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-01).

I would be immensely grateful if someone could take the time to explain to
me in broad terms how the code is organized, since I have not managed to
find any up-to-date developer information. Simply navigating the source and
trying to understand by myself is proving to be really, really hard.
Otherwise, some simple pointers as to which parts in the code I should look
at further would save me a lot of time :)

- Benjamin

Subject User Time
OSPFv3 extensions for autoconfiguration of home networks paterson.b at gmail Apr 26, 2012, 5:50 AM