Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Quagga: Dev
Re: routes learned with ospf6d are not being removed with the deletion of the interface
 

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat


psridhar28 at gmail

Mar 29, 2012, 2:53 AM


Views: 124
Permalink
Re: routes learned with ospf6d are not being removed with the deletion of the interface

Hi,
Here I am explaining the problem again.
H1---Quagga1(eth0)----(eth0)Quagga2(eth1)---H2

Initially ospf6 is enabled on eth0 of the quagga1. Quagga1 learned some
routes through eth0. If I disable the ospf6 on eth0,ospf6d is still not
deleting the routes learned through the eth0.
To fix this I have gone through the code and added the following line
in the function "no_ospf6_interface_area" in the file ospf6_top.c


if (oa->if_list->count == 0)
{
UNSET_FLAG (oa->flag, OSPF6_AREA_ENABLE);
ospf6_abr_disable_area (oa);
}

* ospf6_route_table_delete (oi->route_connected);* //This line is added at
the end of the function.

But above change is not deleting the learned routes(Routes type is E1). Can
any body give me a pointer on how to proceed.

Regards,
Sridhar


On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Sridhar Pothuganti <psridhar28 [at] gmail>wrote:

> Hi,
> We are observing that the Routes learnt through OSPF6 are not removed
> from kernel/zebra either when the interface (over which these routes are
> learnt) is removed from Area or when the Area itself is removed.
>
> But the routes are removed from kernel when OSPF6 process is disabled.
>
> Is this a known issue with OSPF6?or Can any body point me where can I look
> for the issue.
>
>
>
> Configuration to learn routes :
>
>
>
> Current configuration:
>
> !
>
> hostname ospf6d
>
> password zebra
>
> log stdout
>
> !
>
> debug ospf6 lsa unknown
>
> !
>
> interface eth1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 cost 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 hello-interval 10
>
> ipv6 ospf6 dead-interval 40
>
> ipv6 ospf6 retransmit-interval 5
>
> ipv6 ospf6 priority 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 transmit-delay 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 instance-id 0
>
> !
>
> interface eth4
>
> ipv6 ospf6 cost 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 hello-interval 10
>
> ipv6 ospf6 dead-interval 40
>
> ipv6 ospf6 retransmit-interval 5
>
> ipv6 ospf6 priority 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 transmit-delay 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 instance-id 0
>
> !
>
> router ospf6
>
> router-id 2.2.2.2
>
> redistribute connected
>
> area 0.0.0.0 range 7777:1:2::/48
>
> interface eth4 area 0.0.0.0
>
> !
>
> line vty
>
> !
>
> end
>
>
>
> Routes learnt over eth4 interface :
>
>
>
> Router# sh ipv6 route
>
> Codes: K - kernel route, C - connected, S - static, R - RIPng, O - OSPFv3,
>
> I - ISIS, B - BGP, * - FIB route.
>
>
>
> C>* ::1/128 is directly connected, lo
>
> O>* 2221::/64 [110/20] via fe80::c600:bff:fef0:0, eth4, 00:01:36
>
> O>* 2222::/54 [110/20] via fe80::c600:bff:fef0:0, eth4, 00:01:36
>
> C>* 5001::/64 is directly connected, eth0
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Removed Area from configuration :
>
>
>
> Current configuration:
>
> !
>
> hostname ospf6d
>
> password zebra
>
> log stdout
>
> !
>
> debug ospf6 lsa unknown
>
> !
>
> interface eth1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 cost 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 hello-interval 10
>
> ipv6 ospf6 dead-interval 40
>
> ipv6 ospf6 retransmit-interval 5
>
> ipv6 ospf6 priority 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 transmit-delay 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 instance-id 0
>
> !
>
> interface eth4
>
> ipv6 ospf6 cost 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 hello-interval 10
>
> ipv6 ospf6 dead-interval 40
>
> ipv6 ospf6 retransmit-interval 5
>
> ipv6 ospf6 priority 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 transmit-delay 1
>
> ipv6 ospf6 instance-id 0
>
> !
>
> router ospf6
>
> router-id 2.2.2.2
>
> redistribute connected
>
> !
>
> line vty
>
> !
>
> end
>
>
>
> Still OSPF6 learnt routes are present in Kernel :
>
>
>
> Router# sh ipv6 route
>
> Codes: K - kernel route, C - connected, S - static, R - RIPng, O - OSPFv3,
>
> I - ISIS, B - BGP, * - FIB route.
>
>
>
> C>* ::1/128 is directly connected, lo
>
> O>* 2221::/64 [110/20] via fe80::c600:bff:fef0:0, eth4, 00:04:41
>
> O>* 2222::/54 [110/20] via fe80::c600:bff:fef0:0, eth4, 00:04:41
>
> C>* 5001::/64 is directly connected, eth0
>

Subject User Time
Re: routes learned with ospf6d are not being removed with the deletion of the interface psridhar28 at gmail Mar 29, 2012, 2:53 AM

  Index | Next | Previous | View Flat
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.