Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

Thanks in advance for your help- qmail-smtpd issue

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

despejo at ifxcorp

Thanks in advance for your help- qmail-smtpd issue

Good morning community:

We are having a very annoying issue with a qmail-ldap 1.03 implementation with approx 30k mailboxes. Suddenly, the users begin to receive an error like "451 mail server temporarily rejected message" when they try to send from webmail or desktop mail client. The qmail-smtpd sockets remain open, and the only workaround is to restart the service. We haven´t found evidence of spam attack, but the issue is occurring now every day.

We really appreciate your help, because is hitting our production system.

Thanks

David Espejo
Colombia

***** Aviso de Confidencialidad *****
Este mensaje, (incluyendo cualquier anexo) está dirigido únicamente a los destinatarios arriba señalados. Puede contener información confidencial o privilegiada y no debe ser leído, copiado o de otra forma utilizado por cualquier otra persona. Si usted recibe esta comunicación por error, favor avisar al remitente y eliminar el mensaje de su sistema.

***** Disclaimer *****
This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidencial or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a recipient, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system.

hmmm at fct

Re: Thanks in advance for your help- qmail-smtpd issue [In reply to]

Verify the number of max file descriptors your system allows.
But what you really should start doing is to check the logs for
messages indicating the problem.

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : hugo.monteiro [at] fct
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

Divisão de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
                  Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.fct.unl.pt                apoio [at] fct

fct.unl.pt:~# _

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded