Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rwolfe at fpsoft

Feb 3, 2012, 10:05 PM

Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail

Hi all! Crossposting this on the local LUG mailing list as well to see
if anyone locally can help, too J

I have an account set up at JangoMail to use them as my SMTP relay
service. However, I was wondering what I needed to do to set up QMail
to allow it to use them for relaying outgoing email using an username
and password (SMTP AUTH) to send any outbound messages?

shepherdzw at gmail

Feb 3, 2012, 10:25 PM

Re: Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail [In reply to]

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Robert Wolfe <rwolfe [at] fpsoft> wrote:

> Hi all! Crossposting this on the local LUG mailing list as well to see if
> anyone locally can help, too J****
>
> ** **
>
> I have an account set up at JangoMail to use them as my SMTP relay
> service. However, I was wondering what I needed to do to set up QMail to
> allow it to use them for relaying outgoing email using an username and
> password (SMTP AUTH) to send any outbound messages?

Do you have the smtproutes file ?

as a root user# vi /var/qmail/control/*smtproutes*
add the following entry below in your smtproutes file

jangomail.com:mail.jangomail.com yourusername yourpassword

Syntax
[<email_domain>]:<mail_server_hostname_or_ip_address> [<smtp_auth_username>
<smtp_auth_password>]

--
Shepherd Nhongo

Do not Queue mail with SENDMAIL, send mail with QMAIL

Mobile +267 74476040

root at letinet

Feb 3, 2012, 10:59 PM

Re: Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail [In reply to]

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 08:25:34 +0200, Shepherd Nhongo wrote:
> as a root user# vi /var/qmail/control/*smtproutes*
> add the following entry below in your smtproutes file
>
> jangomail.com:mail.jangomail.com yourusername yourpassword

There is no smtp authentication ability in original qmail.
You have to use appropriate patch for this.
The one I was using you can find at
http://fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

--
Roman

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded