Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

Firsatalin

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jens at bruger

Jan 9, 2012, 7:39 AM

Firsatalin

Hi all,

This guy seems to be located in Turkey, which is in EU.
And sending spam is not legal in EU.
Is he going to pay me $250 for each mail he's sending ? :)

It might be a good idea to save the mails from him...

Love,
Jens

datesfat.chicks at gmail

Jan 9, 2012, 7:46 AM

Re: Firsatalin [In reply to]

Did Turkey eventually make it into the EU? I seem to remember it didn't.

On Jan 9, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Jens Bauer <jens [at] bruger> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This guy seems to be located in Turkey, which is in EU.
> And sending spam is not legal in EU.
> Is he going to pay me $250 for each mail he's sending ? :)
>
> It might be a good idea to save the mails from him...
>

> Love,
> Jens

jens at bruger

Jan 9, 2012, 8:25 AM

Re: Firsatalin [In reply to]

Hi,

Hmm, you seem to be right. :&
-Blast. I got confused about it when I searched. It seems that they're still "in the process".
Source: <http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/pdf/key_documents/2011/package/tr_rapport_2011_en.pdf>

...It would probably have been easier to get my $750 if they were members.

Love,
Jens

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:46:44 -0500, Datesfat Chicks wrote:
> Did Turkey eventually make it into the EU? I seem to remember it didn't.
>
> On Jan 9, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Jens Bauer <jens [at] bruger> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This guy seems to be located in Turkey, which is in EU.
>> And sending spam is not legal in EU.
>> Is he going to pay me $250 for each mail he's sending ? :)
>>
>> It might be a good idea to save the mails from him...
>>

>> Love,
>> Jens

flori at bin

Jan 9, 2012, 12:20 PM

Re: Firsatalin [In reply to]

...and to be very off-topic but precise, the negotiations are frozen at the
moment, see also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Turkey_to_the_European_Union. Main
blocker is the division of Cyprus. Personally I do not see any chance to
find an easy solution to this, and currently it seems that Turkey is more
interested to cooperate with the other Arabic countries in the near east.

So, Turkey will probably remain a spam source for some time. Then, on the
other hand, I also receive lots of EU spam, in my opinion our executive
organs are simüply still not able to track down and fine such spammers.

regards FL