Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

Multiple qmail server configuration

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dagmid_d at yahoo

Feb 9, 2011, 11:44 PM

Multiple qmail server configuration

Hi all,

 How to build multiple qmail servers? That means different e-mail addresses and one domain for each qmail servers.

e.g: It was two qmail servers.

example.com has following MX records, two mail servers.

MX 10 a.example.com
MX 20 b.example.com

a.example.com server has not one [at] example account.
b.example.com server has one [at] example account.

That two qmail servers must run by below sequence.
New mail sent from test [at] yahoo to one [at] example First, a.example.com has received that mail. But a.example.com has forwarded to b.example.com. (Because, a.example.com hasn't one [at] example user) etc...

yg at komput

Feb 10, 2011, 9:42 AM

Re: Multiple qmail server configuration [In reply to]

Dagia Dorjsuren <dagmid_d [at] yahoo> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
>  How to build multiple qmail servers? That means different e-mail
> addresses and one domain for each qmail servers.
>
> e.g: It was two qmail servers.
>
> example.com has following MX records, two mail servers.
>
> MX 10 a.example.com
> MX 20 b.example.com
>
> a.example.com server has not one [at] example account.
> b.example.com server has one [at] example account.
>
> That two qmail servers must run by below sequence.
> New mail sent from test [at] yahoo to one [at] example First,
> a.example.com has received that mail. But a.example.com has
> forwarded to b.example.com. (Because, a.example.com hasn't
> one [at] example user) etc...

have you imagine doing it using the backend storage instead of qmail?
i.e. compute a hash for the account, and then store it on the
corresponding server ?

it will be more simple in case of trouble-shot (I do it using dovecot
and mounting (a lot of) nfs partition at hashing point:
/mail/aa (zfs01.store)
/mail/ab (zfs02.store)
/mail/ac (zfs03.store)
)

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded