Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

qmail smarthost and others

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dagmid_d at yahoo

Dec 16, 2010, 6:32 PM

qmail smarthost and others

Hi All,

 I have installed qmail for freebsd. So, I am facing below two problems.

1.  How will I run secondary qmail server with primary qmail server. For example, my goal is :

primary server : a.qmail.com    MX preference 10
secondary server : b.qmail.com  MX preference 20

If I send mail to test [at] qmail, first that mail will be receive a.qmail.com. But, if a.qmail.com server has not test [at] qmail account, that mail reach to secondary mail server b.qmail.com. etc

2. How will I do to check mail header and mail address in qmail server? For example :

Please see my attached problem.jpg

If I change Email address to stupid [at] qmail and sent to anyone that mail, that mail will be received for anyone from stupid [at] qmail How will I disable it?

Thank you,
Dagia
Attachments: problem.JPG (46.7 KB)

lists-qmail at maexotic

Dec 17, 2010, 1:57 PM

Re: qmail smarthost and others [In reply to]

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 06:32:11PM -0800, Dagia Dorjsuren wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have installed qmail for freebsd. So, I am facing below two problems.

Read this:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321

Then read this:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322

For authentication you might want to read about PGP, S/MIME and DKIM.

This will help you to understand how eMail works on the Internet.
Your questions are not related to any mail server in particular.

And the answer to both of your questions is probably "no".

\Maex

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded