Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

"553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication" failure notice

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

phil at pricom

Aug 10, 2010, 3:00 AM

"553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication" failure notice

People,

I get the following message while trying to post to a list I belong to:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at prix.pricom.com.au.

<bf [at] beyondfederation>:
203.56.245.41 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication.
Giving up on 203.56.245.41.

I get plenty of messages from this list so other people are not having
any difficulty posting to it - so I don't know why I am getting this
message (I did some Googling) . . can anyone enlighten me about the problem?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: phil [at] pricom

clive at serendipita

Aug 10, 2010, 7:09 AM

Re: "553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication" failure notice [In reply to]

This is nothing to do with qmail

However google suggest that the email address is
bf-announce [at] beyondfederation

On 10/08/2010 11:00, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> I get the following message while trying to post to a list I belong to:
>

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at prix.pricom.com.au.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> addresses.
>
> <bf [at] beyondfederation>:
> 203.56.245.41 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication.
> Giving up on 203.56.245.41.

This is nothing to do with qmail

The bit you ignored is

203.56.245.41 does not like recipient

i.e that's not an email address that server know

However google suggest that the email address is
bf-announce [at] beyondfederation

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

adip at gmx

Aug 10, 2010, 5:42 PM

Re: "553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication" failure notice [In reply to]

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:00:14 +1000 Philip Rhoades wrote:

> <bf [at] beyondfederation>:
> 203.56.245.41 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication.
> Giving up on 203.56.245.41.
>

> I get plenty of messages from this list so other people are not
> having any difficulty posting to it - so I don't know why I am
> getting this message (I did some Googling) . . can anyone enlighten
> me about the problem?

At a first glance it seems that the remote site is misconfigured, the
server does not permit relaying for beyondfederation.org.au without
having to do SMTP authentication first.
You should try to contact the owner(s) of that domain and give them as
much information as possible, such as what are your customers trying to
do, what is the SMTP error they're getting and when (approximately) the
problem started.

--
Adi Pircalabu

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded