Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

temporary rejection

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tellme at oliver-block

temporary rejection

Hello everyone,

I wonder if and how its possible to make qmail temporarily reject mail
for a certain virtual host. An alternative would be to forward all the
messages to another mail server for storage for a single virtual domain.

I would be grateful if somone could give me a hint how to accomplish it
or where to look for documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Block

qmail at ml

Re: temporary rejection [In reply to]

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:54:30 +0200,
Oliver Block <tellme [at] oliver-block> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I wonder if and how its possible to make qmail temporarily reject mail
> for a certain virtual host. An alternative would be to forward all the
> messages to another mail server for storage for a single virtual domain.

Separate delivery by MX record in DNS. Point the MX record of the
"virtual domain" to your secondary storage server (which needs to have
a configured SMTP daemon running on port 25).

You could also add a second IP to your primary qmail and run separate
tcpserver instances.

Regards
--
Robert Sander Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1 10178 Berlin, Germany

tellme at oliver-block

Re: temporary rejection [In reply to]

Unfortunately, DNS modification is no option. I forgot to mention that.

qmail [at] ml schrieb:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:54:30 +0200,
> Oliver Block <tellme [at] oliver-block> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I wonder if and how its possible to make qmail temporarily reject mail
>> for a certain virtual host. An alternative would be to forward all the
>> messages to another mail server for storage for a single virtual domain.
>>

> Separate delivery by MX record in DNS. Point the MX record of the
> "virtual domain" to your secondary storage server (which needs to have
> a configured SMTP daemon running on port 25).
>
> You could also add a second IP to your primary qmail and run separate
> tcpserver instances.
>
> Regards

qmail at ml

Re: temporary rejection [In reply to]

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:51:48 +0200,
Oliver Block <tellme [at] oliver-block> wrote:
> Unfortunately, DNS modification is no option. I forgot to mention that.

So you run a mail server and have no control over the DNS? That's sad.

Regards
--
Robert Sander

kyle-qmail at memoryhole

Re: temporary rejection [In reply to]

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded