Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

qmail pop3d timeout

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

aeqmail at zoominternet

Jan 25, 2010, 1:36 PM

qmail pop3d timeout

How do I change the default 20 minute timeout for pop3d? I have lots of iPhones that seem to hang
onto the connections and would like to decrease the 20 minute timeout.

Thanks.
Adam

johnsonm at gmail

Jan 25, 2010, 2:03 PM

Re: qmail pop3d timeout [In reply to]

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM, <aeqmail [at] zoominternet> wrote:
> How do I change the default 20 minute timeout for pop3d?  I have lots of iPhones that seem to hang
> onto the connections and would like to decrease the 20 minute timeout.

Looks like it's hardcoded in qmail-pop3d.c. I don't know if there is
a patch floating around for this or not. It wouldn't be hard to get
the timeout value from an environment variable instead of using the
hardcoded value of 1200 seconds.

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded