Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

about bounces

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

maslak at ihlas

Jan 13, 2010, 12:29 PM

about bounces

Hello

I use jms patch on qmail.
I have a MX server that run validrcptto on it.
But my customer has a mail server. Its mx server use my that MX server.
His mail server has a chkuser function.
I enter @hisdomain.com into validrcptto.

But if outside mail server sends an email to a nonexist account which
belongs to my customer server. My mx server will send an info to the outside
mail server that user is nonexist. I wish to prevent it.
How can I do that ?

Thanks

arkansasnet at live

Jan 16, 2010, 3:53 PM

RE: about bounces [In reply to]

Is your mail server and your "customer's" mail server the same machine? If they're not, why can't the customer's mail server be listed as the MX for his domain and leave your machine out of the delivery process?

If you're doing store-and-forward processing for the customer's mail server, you may need to set up an explicit SMTP route in your mail server, especially if DNS records have your mail server handing mail for your customer's domain. Look at the man page for qmail-remote for more information.

You may also want to look at your validrcptto patch and see if it has "wildcard" support so that you can accept messages for any username under your customer's domain. If your patch doesn't support this, you may want to consider another one -- see http://web.netdevice.com:9080/qmail/rcptck/ for a nice list.

> From: maslak [at] ihlas
> To: qmail [at] list
> Subject: about bounces
> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:29:17 +0200
>
> Hello
>
> I use jms patch on qmail.
> I have a MX server that run validrcptto on it.
> But my customer has a mail server. Its mx server use my that MX server.
> His mail server has a chkuser function.
> I enter @hisdomain.com into validrcptto.
>
> But if outside mail server sends an email to a nonexist account which
> belongs to my customer server. My mx server will send an info to the outside
> mail server that user is nonexist. I wish to prevent it.
> How can I do that ?
>
> Thanks

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded