Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

Disable qmail listening on external port?

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

conover at rahul

Jan 9, 2010, 10:46 PM

Disable qmail listening on external port?

I want qmail to listen only on localhost, (127.0.0.1,) and not the
external network visible port.

Is that possible, or is the only way to block incoming connections by
removing everything except 127.0.0.1 from /access/tcp.smtp-where the
listener is running, but everything external is blocked.

Thanks,

John

--

John Conover, conover [at] rahul, http://www.johncon.com/

lenin at hasiru

Jan 10, 2010, 12:44 AM

Re: Disable qmail listening on external port? [In reply to]

Hi!
This is an option of tcpserver.
Please specify host option instead of 0.

ex.
tcpserver -v -R -p -U -l -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb 127.0.0.1 smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd hasiru.net

(/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run)