Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users

Greylisting, BATV and a batv tester for netqmail-1.06

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mbhangui at gmail

Sep 1, 2009, 8:49 PM

Greylisting, BATV and a batv tester for netqmail-1.06

Recently I announced a greylisting daemon for netqmail.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/qmail/users/136761

I have uploaded version 1.1 which can be downloaded from

https://sourceforge.net/projects/indimail/files/netqmail-addons/qmail-greyd

The major change is storing the ip address as a number in a linked
list instead of a char string in dot notation. Comparing number
instead of string inside a loop has given significant speed
improvement to qmail-greyd. For the next version I am planning to use
a skiplist or some kind of index to make searching of an IP address in
a linked list fast. I find this difficult as I am not good at
algorithms. Any help here is welcome to move out of sequential search
for IP in the function search_record()

I have also taken the patch by John Levine at
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/batv-tech/2007q4/000032.html to
incorporate
Bounce Address Tag Validation for netqmail -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_Address_Tag_Validation

BATV replaces an envelope sender like mailbox [at] example with
prvs=tag-value=mailbox [at] example, where prvs, called "Simple Private
Signature", is just one of the possible tagging schemes; actually, the
only one fully specified in the draft.

A tester 'batv' has been included in the patch.

e.g. usage

Signing
======
% /var/qmail/bin/batv -k 1234567890 -s mbhangui [at] gmail
prvs=0489b44d43=mbhangui [at] gmail

Verification
=========

% /var/qmail/bin/batv -k 1234567890 -v prvs=0489b44d43=mbhangui [at] gmail
mbhangui [at] gmail

greylisting and batv will be part of IndiMail 1.6 slated for release
in Sep 2nd Week.
--
Regards Manvendra - http://www.indimail.org

Qmail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded