Mailing List Archive: Qmail: users
Re: Is there a way to control the delivery rate?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

xistence at x-istence

Dec 16, 2004, 7:51 PM

Re: Is there a way to control the delivery rate? [In reply to]

On Dec 16, 2004, at 8:57 PM, Net Virtual Mailing Lists wrote:

> [...]

Your message was top-posted. Please configure your MUA to quote
correctly
before sending messages to mailing lists. If you don't know what this
means,
read this: http://www.faqs.org/docs/jargon/T/top-post.html

To learn what "quote correctly" means, read this:

If you are using MS MUA, these free add-on packages can apparently fix
their
quoting style for you: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

I've corrected your quoting for this reply, but will ignore further
top-posted
messages.

(Thanks Charles)

>> On Dec 16, 2004, at 7:17 PM, Net Virtual Mailing Lists wrote:
>>
>> Please stop top-posting, see one of Charles's many emails explaining
>> how to disable it.
>>
>> Is there any info about this problem at yahoo? Have you tried
>> contacting the yahoo postmaster for a solution? Domainkeys or
>> something
>> you can implement so that it will not stop you from sending the mail
>> it?
>>
>> X-Istence
>>
> What do you mean "top posting"?
>
> There is no solution from yahoo - that is the way their system works.
> Domainkeys, etc do not affect this aspect of their system.
>
> - Greg

That is top posting. Please read those instructions on how to fix your
quoting style. On a mailling list replies should come below the rest of
the content, that way we can find an answer or question based on the
content, and not have to scroll down and look for the relevant sections
in the message.

Also, trim your messages to just have the part that is needed in it, as
to save a few bytes of bandwidth.

X-Istence