Mailing List Archive: Python: Python

Alternative to subprocess in order to not wait for calling commands to complete

gridsngators at gmail

Alternative to subprocess in order to not wait for calling commands to complete

Hi All,

>From within one Python program, I would like to invoke three other
Python programs. Usually I would use the subprocess module to invoke
these sequentially. I now have a use case in which I must invoke the
first one (not wait for it to complete), then invoke the second
(similarly not wait for it to complete) and then go on to the third.

I am not sure where I should start looking to be able to do this. I am
reading about threads and forking and there are many options out
there. So I was wondering if anyone might have suggestions on where I
can start.

Any hints/references would be very helpful!

Thank you,
ks