Design Patterns and Advanced OOPS

Date: Sunday , 13th May, 2012

At Bangalore

Hurry Register Online Now
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlMMnEtYmJVY2M3bEhNZG5WY3BHTkE6MA#gid=0

About the workshop:

For anyone working on object oriented programing languages like C++,
Java, C#, Python, PHP, etc. this workshop is a must. It goes through
the set of design patterns that started it all - Go4 - (Gang of 4)
patterns. The workshop will very interactive and each design pattern
will be explored rather than taught or lectured on. A problem
statement will be provided and the group will move towards why the
design pattern is required. This will not only drill into you why use
a pattern in the first place but also which pattern to use in what
scenario.

Course Contents (Day 1)

1. The Pit Falls of OOPS
- Refresher on OOPS
- When does OOPS get confusing

2. Design Pattern Intro
- What are Design Patterns
- What are its uses and applications

3. Design Patterns
- Strategy Pattern
- Observer Pattern

Course Contents (Day 1)
- Decorator Pattern
- Factory Pattern
- Singleton Pattern
- Command Pattern
- Adapter Pattern
- Facade Pattern
- Template Pattern
- Iterator Pattern
- Composite Pattern
- State Pattern

Time : 09:30 am to 05:30 pm

Venue:

1910, 8th A Cross (road connects 4th Main and 6th Main), HAL 3rd Stage
(New Thippasandira), Bangalore - 75

Email events [at] examaya<mailto:events [at] examaya>

Website: www.examaya.com<http://examaya.com/>

Course Fees: Rs. 750

Cost of Course Materials, Refreshments and Lunch

Hurry Register Online Now!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlMMnEtYmJVY2M3bEhNZG5WY3BHTkE6MA#gid=0

About the Speaker:

Sethuraman is a passionate Java programmer who is currently working in
Thoughtworks. He has a total of 8 years of experience in the industry
and is a very "hands on guy". He is known in the professional circle
for his excellent communication

tjreedy at udel

Re: Workshop on Design Patterns and Advanced OOPS, Bangalore [In reply to]

On 5/7/2012 6:23 AM, Exam Aya wrote:

> For anyone working on object oriented programing languages like C++,
> Java, C#, Python, PHP, etc. this workshop is a must. It goes through
> the set of design patterns that started it all - Go4 - (Gang of 4)
> patterns. The workshop will very interactive and each design pattern
> will be explored rather than taught or lectured on. A problem
> statement will be provided and the group will move towards why the
> design pattern is required.

I hope someone who really knows Python attends, so people can discover
how easy some of the patterns are in Python, which does not have the
straightjacket of statically typed names. For instance, heterogeneous
sets and lists, used for instance for composites consisting of items and
sub-composites, are part of Python rather than a tricky add-on.

> Course Contents (Day 1)
>
> 1. The Pit Falls of OOPS
> - Refresher on OOPS
> - When does OOPS get confusing
>
> 2. Design Pattern Intro
> - What are Design Patterns
> - What are its uses and applications
>
> 3. Design Patterns
> - Strategy Pattern
> - Observer Pattern
>

> Course Contents (Day 1)
> - Decorator Pattern
> - Factory Pattern
> - Singleton Pattern
> - Command Pattern
> - Adapter Pattern
> - Facade Pattern
> - Template Pattern
> - Iterator Pattern
> - Composite Pattern
> - State Pattern
>

> Time : 09:30 am to 05:30 pm
>
> Venue:
>
> 1910, 8th A Cross (road connects 4th Main and 6th Main), HAL 3rd Stage
> (New Thippasandira), Bangalore - 75

If I lived in Bangalore, I might attend. This announcement is, however,
a bit OT for this list. On the other hand, it is encouraging that Python
is now routinely listed as a major language in such things. Not so when
I learned it 16 years ago ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy