Mailing List Archive: Python: Python
Re: python module development workflow

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

rustompmody at gmail

Re: python module development workflow [In reply to]

On Apr 11, 8:38 pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 10:25 am, John Gordon <gor...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> > In <2900f481-fbe9-4da3-a7ca-5485d1ceb...@m13g2000yqc.googlegroups.com> Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > > It is confusing to me what the best workflow is for python module
> > > development. There is setup.py, egg. Also, pip, easy_install.
>
> > It's unclear what you are asking.
>
> > How to develop your own modules?
>
> > How to package and distribute your own modules once they're finished?
>
> I'm asking these two questions.

You need to ask these two questions separately.

For the first you'll get good answers here if you can be more
specific.

The second is a good question which will not get useful answers
because python's package and distribute system(s) are in a flux. In
all fairness this is so for most languages which have as bad messes in
this domain. eg Haskell's cabal
http://cdsmith.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/haskells-own-dll-hell/
http://ivanmiljenovic.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/repeat-after-me-cabal-is-not-a-package-manager/