Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Python: Python

xlrd 0.8.0 released!

 

 

Python python RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


chris at simplistix

Aug 1, 2012, 8:01 AM

Post #1 of 5 (810 views)
Permalink
xlrd 0.8.0 released!

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.8.0:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.8.0

This release finally lands the support for both .xls and .xlsx files.
Many thanks to John Machin for all his work on making this happen.
Opening of .xlsx files is seamless, just use xlrd as you did before and
it all should "just work".

xlrd 0.8.0 is also the first release that that targets Python 2.6 and
2.7, but no Python 3 just yet. Python 2.5 and below may work but are not
supported. If you need to use Python 2.5 or earlier, please stick to
xlrd 0.7.x.

Speaking of xlrd 0.7.x, that's now in "requested maintenance only" mode
;-) That means, if possible, use 0.8.x. If you have a really good reason
for sticking with 0.7.x, and you find a bug that you can't work around,
then please make this clear on the python-excel [at] googlegroups and
we'll see what we can do.

If you find any problems, please ask about them on the list, or submit
an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd/issues

Full details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:

http://www.python-excel.org/

cheers,

Chris

--
Simplistix - Content Management, Batch Processing & Python Consulting
- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
--
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list


matthew.smith at g2-inc

Aug 1, 2012, 8:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (794 views)
Permalink
Re: [pyxl] xlrd 0.8.0 released! [In reply to]

Thank you guys so much! I am so excited to finally have xlsx so my users
don't have extra steps!

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Chris Withers <chris [at] simplistix>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.8.0:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/**xlrd/0.8.0<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.8.0>
>
> This release finally lands the support for both .xls and .xlsx files.
> Many thanks to John Machin for all his work on making this happen.
> Opening of .xlsx files is seamless, just use xlrd as you did before and it
> all should "just work".
>
> xlrd 0.8.0 is also the first release that that targets Python 2.6 and 2.7,
> but no Python 3 just yet. Python 2.5 and below may work but are not
> supported. If you need to use Python 2.5 or earlier, please stick to xlrd
> 0.7.x.
>
> Speaking of xlrd 0.7.x, that's now in "requested maintenance only" mode
> ;-) That means, if possible, use 0.8.x. If you have a really good reason
> for sticking with 0.7.x, and you find a bug that you can't work around,
> then please make this clear on the python-excel [at] googlegroups and
> we'll see what we can do.
>
> If you find any problems, please ask about them on the list, or submit an
> issue on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/python-**excel/xlrd/issues<https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd/issues>
>
> Full details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:
>
> http://www.python-excel.org/
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Simplistix - Content Management, Batch Processing & Python Consulting
> - http://www.simplistix.co.uk
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "python-excel" group.
> To post to this group, send an email to python-excel [at] googlegroups
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to python-excel+unsubscribe@**
> googlegroups.com <python-excel%2Bunsubscribe [at] googlegroups>.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/**
> group/python-excel?hl=en-GB<http://groups.google.com/group/python-excel?hl=en-GB>
> .
>
>


--
Matthew Smith

Software Engineer at G2, Inc
Follow us on Twitter @G2_inc


pruebauno at latinmail

Aug 3, 2012, 7:14 AM

Post #3 of 5 (774 views)
Permalink
Re: xlrd 0.8.0 released! [In reply to]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:01:56 AM UTC-4, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.8.0:
>
>
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.8.0
>
>
>
> This release finally lands the support for both .xls and .xlsx files.
>
> Many thanks to John Machin for all his work on making this happen.
>
> Opening of .xlsx files is seamless, just use xlrd as you did before and
>
> it all should "just work".
>
>
>
> xlrd 0.8.0 is also the first release that that targets Python 2.6 and
>
> 2.7, but no Python 3 just yet. Python 2.5 and below may work but are not
>
> supported. If you need to use Python 2.5 or earlier, please stick to
>
> xlrd 0.7.x.
>
>
>
> Speaking of xlrd 0.7.x, that's now in "requested maintenance only" mode
>
> ;-) That means, if possible, use 0.8.x. If you have a really good reason
>
> for sticking with 0.7.x, and you find a bug that you can't work around,
>
> then please make this clear on the python-excel [at] googlegroups and
>
> we'll see what we can do.
>
>
>
> If you find any problems, please ask about them on the list, or submit
>
> an issue on GitHub:
>
>
>
> https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd/issues
>
>
>
> Full details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:
>
>
>
> http://www.python-excel.org/
>
>
>
> cheers,
>
>
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> --
>
> Simplistix - Content Management, Batch Processing & Python Consulting
>
> - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Congrats! Being able to read Office 2007 files will be very useful. Looking forward to the Python 3 support.
--
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list


hubert.holin at free

Aug 22, 2012, 7:03 AM

Post #4 of 5 (736 views)
Permalink
Re: xlrd 0.8.0 released! [In reply to]

La Défense, le 22/08/2012

Hi

Congratulations for the work well done, and thanks for the help xlrd brings
to my work.

I would like to keep up with the development but would like to know which
is the repo to follow. The Python-Excel website points to
https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd, but that one does not have a 0.8.0
tag (or at least did not have one when I looked a few days ago, and
I unfortunately can't check now, from work).

Merci

Hubert Holin

Le mercredi 1 août 2012 17:01:56 UTC+2, Chris Withers a écrit :
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.8.0:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.8.0
>
> This release finally lands the support for both .xls and .xlsx files.
> Many thanks to John Machin for all his work on making this happen.
> Opening of .xlsx files is seamless, just use xlrd as you did before and
> it all should "just work".
>
> xlrd 0.8.0 is also the first release that that targets Python 2.6 and
> 2.7, but no Python 3 just yet. Python 2.5 and below may work but are not
> supported. If you need to use Python 2.5 or earlier, please stick to
> xlrd 0.7.x.
>
> Speaking of xlrd 0.7.x, that's now in "requested maintenance only" mode
> ;-) That means, if possible, use 0.8.x. If you have a really good reason
> for sticking with 0.7.x, and you find a bug that you can't work around,
> then please make this clear on the python...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>and
> we'll see what we can do.
>
> If you find any problems, please ask about them on the list, or submit
> an issue on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd/issues
>
> Full details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:
>
> http://www.python-excel.org/
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Simplistix - Content Management, Batch Processing & Python Consulting
> - http://www.simplistix.co.uk
>


chris at python

Aug 22, 2012, 7:33 AM

Post #5 of 5 (737 views)
Permalink
Re: xlrd 0.8.0 released! [In reply to]

On 22/08/2012 15:03, Hubert Holin wrote:
> I would like to keep up with the development but would like to know
> which is the repo to follow. The Python-Excel website points to
> https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd, but that one does not have a 0.8.0
> tag (or at least did not have one when I looked a few days ago, and I
> unfortunately can't check now, from work).

Oops, I was very bad... not only did I forget to push the tag (it's
annoying that you have to do a "git push --tags" to get tasg pushed) but
I actually forgot to commit the final change that stamped on the 0.8.0
version number :-S

Fixed and pushed now, thanks for noticing :-)

Chris

--
Simplistix - Content Management, Batch Processing & Python Consulting
- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
--
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list

Python python RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.