Mailing List Archive: Python: Dev
Building against system expat

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

bkabrda at redhat

Building against system expat

Hi, I'm trying to build Python 3.2.3 against system expat library, that lies out of the ordinary directory structure (under /opt). I also have an older version of expat library in the system. No matter what shell variables or options I pass to configure and make, pyexpat gets linked against the system expat, which results in errors during tests:

pyexpat.cpython-32dmu.so: undefined symbol: XML_SetHashSalt

anyone has any idea what to pass to configure/make to link pyexpat with the other expat?

Thanks!

Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.