Hello,

For the record, we don't have any stable OS X buildbots anymore.
If you want to contribute a build slave (I hear we may have Apple
employees reading this list), please take a look at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot

Regards

Antoine.

janssen at parc

Re: OS X buildbots missing [In reply to]

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis [at] pitrou> wrote:

> For the record, we don't have any stable OS X buildbots anymore.

Sigh. That's me again. We are currently installing a virtual private
cloud at our workspace, and I'm seeing a lot of intermittent failures in
that server room. I need to work out a way in which buildbot restarts
automatically either when the machine reboots, or when it hangs up
(which happens every couple of weeks).

Bill

db3l.net at gmail

Re: OS X buildbots missing [In reply to]

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis [at] pitrou> writes:

> For the record, we don't have any stable OS X buildbots anymore.
> If you want to contribute a build slave (I hear we may have Apple
> employees reading this list), please take a look at
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot

I realize it may not qualify for the official stable list as it's a
Tiger-based buildbot, but osx-tiger is an OS X buildbot that's still
chugging along quite nicely (including doing the daily DMG builds).

-- David

solipsis at pitrou

Re: OS X buildbots missing [In reply to]

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:50:03 -0400
David Bolen <db3l.net [at] gmail> wrote:
> Antoine Pitrou <solipsis [at] pitrou> writes:
>
> > For the record, we don't have any stable OS X buildbots anymore.
> > If you want to contribute a build slave (I hear we may have Apple
> > employees reading this list), please take a look at
> > http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot
>
> I realize it may not qualify for the official stable list as it's a
> Tiger-based buildbot, but osx-tiger is an OS X buildbot that's still
> chugging along quite nicely (including doing the daily DMG builds).

Well, the reason it can't qualify for the stable list right now is that
there's a recurrent test_logging failure on it:
http://bugs.python.org/issue14644

If that failure gets fixed, we could see if it's consistently green,
and then put it in the stable bunch.

Regards

Antoine.

db3l.net at gmail

Re: OS X buildbots missing [In reply to]

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis [at] pitrou> writes:

> Well, the reason it can't qualify for the stable list right now is that
> there's a recurrent test_logging failure on it:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue14644

Yeah, I don't know that I'm necessarily suggesting it be in the stable
set as just mentioning that there is at least an OS X buildbot
available, if only to reference pending another coming on-line.

In the past I think it was tough to keep Tiger green. Though several
people put a decent amount of effort into cleaning things up and I
believe it's been pretty good for a while now, the current 3.x issue
notwithstanding (and which is probably at least in part a chicken and
egg problem in terms of awareness). The other branches look good, at
least for the limited history on the web interface, and it looks like
the 3.x change worked.

I know I still build some of my OS X applications under Tiger (since
it's easier to support later OS X versions from an earlier build than
vice versa), but I don't know if Python necessarily wants to require
that for releases, ala stable.

-- David