It seems to have got a bit stuck at the moment.

As far as I am concerned it is ready to go in.
Memory usage is reduced, speed is roughly unchanged, and it passes all
the tests (except for 1 test in test_pprint which relies on dict/set
ordering, see http://bugs.python.org/issue13907)

Cheers,
Mark.

guido at python

Re: PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary [In reply to]

Wow, I thought it was accepted already! I don't see the hangup.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)

solipsis at pitrou

Re: PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary [In reply to]

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:30:07 -0700
Guido van Rossum <guido [at] python> wrote:
> Wow, I thought it was accepted already! I don't see the hangup.

It's under review.
http://bugs.python.org/issue13903

Regards

Antoine.

brett at python

Re: PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:25, Mark Shannon <mark [at] hotpy> wrote:

> I would like to get the new shared-keys dictionary implementation
> committed, or rejected or further reviewed, if necessary.
> It seems to have got a bit stuck at the moment.
>
> As far as I am concerned it is ready to go in.
> Memory usage is reduced, speed is roughly unchanged, and it passes all
> the tests (except for 1 test in test_pprint which relies on dict/set
> ordering, see http://bugs.python.org/**issue13907<http://bugs.python.org/issue13907>
> )

The language summit result was this should go in once the review is over
(as Antoine pointed out) and committed by someone other than Mark since it
is a complicated enough thing to require a full review.

And did you ever follow through on getting your commit privileges, Mark?
While you can't commit this patch you can definitely help with maintaining
it (and other things =).