Mailing List Archive: Python: Dev
What letter should an UnsignedLongLong get

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

gcolgate at gmail

Mar 15, 2012, 11:47 AM

What letter should an UnsignedLongLong get

We use a lot of UnsignedLongLongs in our program (ids) and have been
parsing in PyArg_ParseTuple with 'K', which does not do error checking.
I am planning to add a new type to our local build of python for parsing
Unsigned Long Longs (64 bit numbers) that errrors if the number has more
than the correct number of bits.

I am thinking to use the letter 'N' for this purpose, since l,k,K,U,u are
all taken.

Does anyone have any better ideas?