Mailing List Archive: Python: Dev

Where to discuss PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace packages)?

guido at python

Mar 11, 2012, 4:02 PM

Where to discuss PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace packages)?

Martin has asked me to decide on PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace
packages) in time for inclusion of the decision in Python 3.3. As
people who attended the language-sig know, I am leaning towards PEP
402 but I admit that at this point I don't have enough information. If
I have questions, should I be asking them on the import-sig or on
python-dev? Is it tolerable if I ask questions even if the answer is
somewhere in the archives? (I spent a lot of time reviewing the
"pitchfork thread",
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-April/064400.html,
but that wasn't particularly fruitful, so I'm worried I'd just waste
my time browsing the archives -- if the PEP authors did their jobs
well the PEPs should include summaries of the discussion anyways.)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)

martin at v

Mar 11, 2012, 4:24 PM

Re: Where to discuss PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace packages)? [In reply to]

Am 11.03.12 16:02, schrieb Guido van Rossum:
> Martin has asked me to decide on PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace
> packages) in time for inclusion of the decision in Python 3.3. As
> people who attended the language-sig know, I am leaning towards PEP
> 402 but I admit that at this point I don't have enough information. If
> I have questions, should I be asking them on the import-sig or on
> python-dev?

import-sig would be best.

> Is it tolerable if I ask questions even if the answer is
> somewhere in the archives?

Sure!

Martin