cournape at gmail
Jun 14, 2012, 6:58 AM
Post #1 of 1
I am pleased to announce a new release of bento, a packaging solution
for python which aims at reproducibility, extensibility and simplicity.
The main features of this 0.1.0 release are:
- new commands register_pypi and upload_pypi to register a package
pypi and upload tarballs to it.
- add sphinx command to build a package documentation if it uses
- add tweak_library/tweak_extension functions to build contexts to
simplify simple builder customization (e.g. include_dirs, defines,
- waf backend: cython tool automatically loaded if cython files are
detected in sources
- UseBackends feature: allows to declare which build backend to use
when building C extensions in the bento.info file directly
- add --use-distutils-flags configure option to force using flags
distutils (disabled by default).
- add --disable-autoconfigure build option to bypass configure for
partial rebuilds. This is not reliable depending on how the
environment is changed, so one should only use this during
- add register_metadata API to register new metadata to be filled in
Bento source code can be found on github: https://github.com/cournape/Bento
Bento documentation is there as well: https://cournape.github.com/Bento
Support the Python Software Foundation: