Mailing List Archive: Python: Announce
Pogo 0.6

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jendrikseipp at web

Mar 26, 2012, 1:14 PM

Pogo 0.6

I am proud to announce the release of Pogo, probably the simplest and
fastest audio player for Linux.

The tarball and an Ubuntu PPA are available at

What is Pogo?
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It is both fast and easy-to-use.
The clear interface uses the screen real-estate very efficiently. Other
features include: Fast search on the harddrive and in the playlist,
smart album grouping, cover display, desktop notifications and no music
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player and supports most common audio
formats. It is written in Python and uses GTK+ and gstreamer.

What's new in

0.6 "I will be a bridge for you" (2012-03-26)
* Show search results immediately after they're found for each music
* Search in playlist as well and highlight results
* Add Zeitgeist module that logs played albums
* Select last played track at restart (lp:684383)
* Append tracks to playlist asynchronously (lp:662308)
* Update translations

Support the Python Software Foundation:

Subject User Time
Pogo 0.6 jendrikseipp at web Mar 26, 2012, 1:14 PM