jendrikseipp at web
Mar 22, 2012, 8:03 AM
vulture - Find dead code
vulture finds unused classes, functions and variables in Python code.
This helps you cleanup and find errors in your programs. If you run it
on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature it is impossible to find all dead code
for a static code analyzer like vulture, because it ignores scopes and
scans only token names. Additionally some dynamic items that are not
explicitly mentioned in the code may be incorrectly reported as dead code.
- Fast: Uses static code analysis
- Lightweight: Only one module
- Complements pyflakes and has the same output syntax
- Supports Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.x
* Add support for python3
* Report unused attributes
* Find tuple assignments in comprehensions
* Scan files given on the command line even if they don't end with .py
Support the Python Software Foundation: