ian at excess
Dec 8, 2011, 5:43 PM
Post #1 of 1
Announcing Speedometer 2.8
ANN: Speedometer 2.4 - bandwidth and download monitor
Speedometer home page:
New in this release:
- Added a linear scale option: -l. Best used in combination with
-m (and possibly -n) to customize the range to be displayed.
Thanks to jukie.net for sponsoring this feature.
- Replace silly "curved" reading with a weighted moving average
- New option to display all values in bits per second: -s
- New options to set minimum (-n) and maximum (-m) values
displayed on the graphs in bytes/s.
Defaults are -n 32 and -m 2**32
- Accept shortened versions of -rx and -tx: -r and -t
My intent is to drop use of the original forms in 3.0 and add
--long-versions of all options
- Use IEC notation of sizes MiB, GiB etc.
- Install script as both speedometer.py and speedometer
Speedometer is a console bandwidth and file download progress monitor
with a linear/logarithmic bandwidth display and a simple command-line
Speedometer requires Urwid for full-console bar graph display. Urwid
may be downloaded from: http://excess.org/urwid/
Speedometer is released under the GNU LGPL.
Support the Python Software Foundation: