benjamin at python
Aug 28, 2012, 1:01 PM
Post #1 of 1
I'm happy to announce the release of six 1.2.0. Six is a Python 2 and
3 compatibility library. It provides utility functions for smoothing
over the differences between the Python versions with the goal of
writing Python code that is compatible on both Python 2.x and 3.x. It
supports Python 2.4-3.3.
Six can be downloaded on PyPI:
See the code and report bugs on BitBucket:
The complete changelog in this release is:
- Issue #13: Make iterkeys/itervalues/iteritems return iterators on Python 3
instead of iterables.
- Issue #11: Fix maxsize support on Jython.
- Add six.next() as an alias for six.advance_iterator().
- Use the builtin next() function for advance_iterator() where is available
(2.6+), not just Python 3.
- Add the Iterator class for writing portable iterators.
Support the Python Software Foundation: