Mailing List Archive: Perl: porters

[perl #114052] http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC

perlbug-followup at perl

Jul 9, 2012, 9:07 AM

[perl #114052] http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC

# New Ticket Created by Nikolay Nishin
# Please include the string: [perl #114052]

Hi Perl, for Solaris may be make more verbose readmegunzip perl-5.12.1.tar.gz
tar xf perl-5.12.1.tar
cd perl-5.12.1

to use make add /usr/ccs/bin/ - sure (you write about it)to use gcc add
/usr/sfw/bin/so befor

PERL_HOME=/rwa/data/team/MISHNIK/develop/perl/perl_5_12/
./Configure -des -Dcc=gcc -Dprefix=$PERL_HOME

we need to add this directories to $PATH:
PATH=/usr/ccs/bin/:/usr/sfw/bin/:$PATH
add to readme pleasealso if it virtualbox then mount win7 directory to unix
directory: mount -F vboxfs -o uid=100,gid=10 solaris /mnt/vbox_share--
Best regardsNikolay Mishin

davem at iabyn

Sep 4, 2012, 5:25 AM

Re: [perl #114052] http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC [In reply to]

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:07:59AM -0700, Nikolay Nishin wrote:
> Hi Perl, for Solaris may be make more verbose readme

>gunzip perl-5.12.1.tar.gz
> tar xf perl-5.12.1.tar
> cd perl-5.12.1

I think if someone can;'t work out that bit for themselves, they really
shouldn't be building their own perls.

> to use make add /usr/ccs/bin/ - sure (you write about it)

Yes, we say "Include /usr/ccs/bin/ in your PATH".

>to use gcc add
> /usr/sfw/bin/ so befor

It's a while now since I've used Solaris, but I'm not aware of that being
a standard location for installing gcc. Perhaps we should hadd a sentence
in the "GCC" section thats suggests checking that gcc is in your path?

> add to readme pleasealso if it virtualbox then mount win7 directory to unix
> directory: mount -F vboxfs -o uid=100,gid=10 solaris /mnt/vbox_share

I know nothing about virtualbox, but these instructions look exceedingly
non-generic.

--
In economics, the exam questions are the same every year.
They just change the answers.

doughera at lafayette

Sep 4, 2012, 8:48 AM

Re: [perl #114052] http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC [In reply to]

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012, Dave Mitchell wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:07:59AM -0700, Nikolay Nishin wrote:
> > Hi Perl, for Solaris may be make more verbose readme
>
> >gunzip perl-5.12.1.tar.gz
> > tar xf perl-5.12.1.tar
> > cd perl-5.12.1
>
> I think if someone can;'t work out that bit for themselves, they really
> shouldn't be building their own perls.
>
> > to use make add /usr/ccs/bin/ - sure (you write about it)
>
> Yes, we say "Include /usr/ccs/bin/ in your PATH".
>
> >to use gcc add
> > /usr/sfw/bin/ so befor
>
> It's a while now since I've used Solaris, but I'm not aware of that being
> a standard location for installing gcc. Perhaps we should hadd a sentence
> in the "GCC" section thats suggests checking that gcc is in your path?
>
> > add to readme pleasealso if it virtualbox then mount win7 directory to unix
> > directory: mount -F vboxfs -o uid=100,gid=10 solaris /mnt/vbox_share
>
> I know nothing about virtualbox, but these instructions look exceedingly
> non-generic.

I've taken this ticket and will take a look. (I have no idea about the
virtualbox comment either. I can't imagine how a win7 directory might
be relevant to perl on Solaris.)

--
Andy Dougherty doughera [at] lafayette

mi at ya

Sep 7, 2012, 12:46 AM

Re: [perl #114052] http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC [In reply to]

Thanks Andy, I think you can close this ticket

--
Nikolay Mishin