Mailing List Archive: Perl: porters
[perl #72550] perldoc causes taint violation when run as root in a directory with Build.PL or Makefile.PL

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

perlbug-followup at perl

On Thu Feb 04 15:54:08 2010, pioto wrote:
> When running perldoc as root, in a directory which has a cpan module's
> source checked out, the following error occurs:
>
> # perldoc Test::More
> Insecure dependency in require while running with -T switch at
> /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.1/Pod/Perldoc.pm line 1548.
>
> This happens in a checkout for a some non-Test::More cpan module.
>
> Attempts to find a more minimal test case have so far come up short.
> But, any of the cpan modules i've checked out in my non-root ~/git/,
> and
> built and tested before as non-root, are affected by this, if that's
> any
> help.

I don't see this problem in blead.

[root [at] freebsd3 /home/tony/dev/imager/git/Imager]# ls Makefile.PL
Makefile.PL
[root [at] freebsd3 /home/tony/dev/imager/git/Imager]# perldoc Test::More
(success)

I suspect the changes in version 3.15_12 of Pod-Perldoc (see
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/MALLEN/Pod-Perldoc-3.17/Changes) fixed this.

Tony

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open

Subject User Time
[perl #72550] perldoc causes taint violation when run as root in a directory with Build.PL or Makefile.PL perlbug-followup at perl Apr 30, 2012, 3:42 AM