Mailing List Archive: Perl: porters

[perl #23907] Crash during global destruction with Storable and threads

perlbug-followup at perl

On Wed Dec 14 18:58:47 2005, stmpeters wrote:
> > [frank.tolstrup [at] get2net - Sun Sep 21 01:31:46 2003]:
> >
> > This is a bug report for perl from frank.tolstrup [at] get2net,
> > generated with the help of perlbug 1.34 running under perl v5.8.1.

> > [Please enter your report here]
> >
> > In trying to make Thread::Tie and Thread::Pool run under Windows
> 2000 I
> > found that the following code crashes during global destruction:
> >

> > use threads;
> > use Storable ();
> > sub freeze {
> > return Storable::freeze( \@_ );
> > }
> > #{ my $u=freeze(undef);}
> > my $thr = threads->new( sub {my $undef=freeze(undef)} );
> > sleep 3;
> > exit;
> >

> > The script runs fine if I uncomment the 6th line.
> >

> I hadn't looked at this bug in a while, but not it seems to have been
> resolved. I check it out
> on Win32 before closing this bug.

I just ran this on WinXP, with and without PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=2, and it
worked correctly both times. But I'm hardly a windows expert, so if
someone else could confirm, we can mark this as resolved.

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open

perlbug-followup at perl

[perl #23907] Crash during global destruction with Storable and threads [In reply to]

On Mon Apr 30 00:33:22 2012, Hugmeir wrote:

> I just ran this on WinXP, with and without PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=2, and it
> worked correctly both times. But I'm hardly a windows expert, so if
> someone else could confirm, we can mark this as resolved.

Rewrote it as
use Perl::Destruct::Level level => 2;

use threads;
use Storable ();
sub freeze {
return Storable::freeze( \@_ );
}
#{ my $u=freeze(undef);}
my $thr = threads->new( sub {my $undef=freeze(undef)} );
sleep 5;
exit;

used on a DEBUGGING Perl 5.12 and ActivePerl 5.10. No OS level
exceptions in VS debugger in both.

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open