Mailing List Archive: Perl: porters

[perl #17711] perl's fork resets open filehandles in parent process

perlbug-followup at perl

On Tue Oct 01 15:01:12 2002, scusack wrote:
> Slaven,
>
> Yes, it is solaris-specific. But is there anything perl itself can do
> to have
> this work in a platform-independent manner? It works fine on 3 other
> architectures under perl5.005_03, perl5.6, and perl5.8, but not any of
> those
> under solaris.
>
> --Sean

I could reproduce this on Solaris 10 with the system-provided 5.8.4, but
everything from 5.10.1 to blead works as expected. I'm assuming that
this and other similar tickets were resolved when fork() started
autoflushing filehandles in Solaris, so I vote to close this.

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open

perlbug-followup at perl

[perl #17711] perl's fork resets open filehandles in parent process [In reply to]

On Tue May 01 03:27:12 2012, nicholas wrote:
> So, at this point, it looks like this bug isn't totally resolved.

Do you suggest we re-open it, then?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: resolved