Mailing List Archive: Perl: porters
[perl #17571] slight package name irregularity

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

perlbug-followup at perl

On Sat Apr 28 22:48:05 2012, Hugmeir wrote:
> This is still present in blead. I think it should either be rejected, or
> marked as WontFix; Any sort of fix now would be backwards-incompatible,
> and I can't see the gain.

It does feel like a bug to me though, that ‘package foo::’ does not
remove ::, while foo:: anywhere else does lose its colons.

A quick CPAN grep for package.*::\s*; brings up nothing.

> What would be nice (maybe worth filing a second ticket?) is getting a
> note in the docs that barewords with trailing ::'s get trimmed:
>
> perl -MDevel::Peek -wE '$x = \etc::; Dump $x'

I thought that was documented. Or maybe that was in the Camel.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open

Subject User Time
[perl #17571] slight package name irregularity perlbug-followup at perl Apr 29, 2012, 12:27 AM
    [perl #17571] slight package name irregularity perlbug-followup at perl Apr 28, 2012, 10:48 PM