Mailing List Archive: Perl: porters

[perl #6911] Data::Dumper is hard to use reliably

perlbug-followup at perl

Mar 28, 2012, 7:21 PM

On Fri Apr 27 01:25:19 2001, RT_System wrote:
> Don't know why I didn't think of that :-)
>
> > And have you considered Storable?
>
> Human-readability and eval-ability are both very nice features. I
> would hate to give them up just because the API is difficult.
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

Are there specific errors with Data::Dumper for which we need to keep
this RT open?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open

perlbug-followup at perl

[perl #6911] Data::Dumper is hard to use reliably [In reply to]

On Wed Mar 28 19:21:36 2012, jkeenan wrote:
> On Fri Apr 27 01:25:19 2001, RT_System wrote:
> > Don't know why I didn't think of that :-)
> >
> > > And have you considered Storable?
> >
> > Human-readability and eval-ability are both very nice features. I
> > would hate to give them up just because the API is difficult.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> Andrew,
>
> Are there specific errors with Data::Dumper for which we need to keep
> this RT open?

No further correspondence in the last month. Closing.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan