Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators

nova networking

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

J.O'Loughlin at surrey

Feb 1, 2011, 3:01 PM

nova networking

Hi All,

With vlan networking mode how do you associate a public IP address with your instance? In eucalyptus you define both the public IP range and the private IP subnet, I haven't been able to find this in the docs for nova.

Regards

John O'Loughlin
FEPS IT, Service Delivery Team Leader

J.O'Loughlin at surrey

Feb 7, 2011, 9:18 AM

nova networking [In reply to]

I've used nova-manage to add public IPs and

euca-associate-address -i i-00000014 131.227.76.80

and euca-describe-instances

RESERVATION r-dhu9bgpn project1 default
INSTANCE i-00000014 ami-l54ryhvw 131.227.76.80 10.0.0.7 running None (project1, kvm-dev01) 0 m1.small 2011-02-06 19:21:56.863522 nova

ssh and ping is allowed, but I get no route to host when trying to access the public address. Any help or pointers appreciated.