Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators

Re: [openstack-dev] live migration and unsupported rpc version

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

janis.gengeris at gmail

Jul 24, 2012, 12:55 PM

Re: [openstack-dev] live migration and unsupported rpc version

So that means I need to check for another PPA nova build, when the changes
will be merged in compute part?

--
--janis

John.Garbutt at citrix

Jul 25, 2012, 4:08 AM

Re: [openstack-dev] live migration and unsupported rpc version [In reply to]

The changes merged together.
It sounds like one of the compute nodes is running older code.

Hope that helps,
John

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant [at] redhat<mailto:rbryant [at] redhat>> wrote:
On 07/24/2012 11:51 AM, John Garbutt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently pushed a changed to live-migration here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/8329/
>
> Is it possible you have some parts of your system have not been updated? Maybe you have a new scheduler but an old compute node?
>
> The default version is correctly 1.0. But the new live-migraiton changes mean that your compute/manager.py must be at version 1.2 in order to perform the migration.
>
> I am fairly sure it worked when I tested it, but I may have missed something …
I just took another look at those changes and they look correct. It
appears that the version handling is working as expected and it's just a
compute node that hasn't been updated.

--
Russell Bryant

--
--janis

janis.gengeris at gmail

Jul 25, 2012, 7:26 AM

Re: [openstack-dev] live migration and unsupported rpc version [In reply to]

I had two versions of nova installed at the same time, and of course the
wrong one was used. So after removing the error is gone.

But I found that nova/virt/libvirt/drivery.py was complaining about
tempfile module for _create_shared_storage_test_file(), not sure if that's
a bug, but after adding 'import tempfile' it was fixed.

And I got live migration working :).

Thanks.

--
--janis

John.Garbutt at citrix

Jul 26, 2012, 1:41 AM

Re: [openstack-dev] live migration and unsupported rpc version [In reply to]

Thanks for patching that, and thanks for testing live migration!
I will take a look at why the unit tests didn't catch that...

Cheers,
John